OUR APPROACH TO PARTNERSHIPS
Partners are such a valuable part of what we do and what we want to do. We can’t do it by ourselves, nor do we wish to.
We started with a wonderfully collaborative approach to our Cookbook. We ran a competition for girls to participate in it’s content, we crowd funded its development and printing, we invited designers to create a cover and then we had our community vote on it. We then created a Profit Share program where girls under 15 years old could earn pocket money from the sale of the book – learning about money and sales, marketing and distribution.
We partnered with League of Extraordinary Women as part of their Run the World Conference because we both celebrate female entrepreneurialism and share in a desire to support young girls in becoming meaningful contributors to our world.
We recognise that we do not have all the skills, so when I conceived of the idea to tap into girls happiness through interior design I approached award winning Virginia Bishop. This is a true partnership – everything is shared.
We have sought to partner with Huxter Home as a product partner for our workshops, bringing to life a number of our five senses we deem important in any room.
This is our approach with all our current and future products and projects. Our Products are found in our Shop and Projects are found in our Blog, under the Dreaming Big for Little Girls banner.
What we look for in a Partner
These are the sorts of things we look for in a lasting partnership:
- We value those that have a desire to advance young girls (15 years old and under)
- We value those who seek a relationship based on trust
- We seek to contribute to quiet confidence in young girls. Quiet confidence, to us, is valuable because it is where humility, resilience and an ‘anything is possible’ attitude resides. We achieve this through products and projects that encourage ‘doing’.
- We value mutual benefit where we compliment each others needs – we each bring something that the other doesn’t have.
- We both value partnerships in achieving what we do and actively participate in making it happen.
- Evoke joy and freedom from everything we create together.
- Like to keep it simple and uncomplicated.